looking for a buildable version of OpenOffice.org

Henrik Hudson lists at rhavenn.net
Thu Aug 5 20:46:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010, Scott Bennett wrote:

>      I have tried all of the versions of OpenOffice.org that are currently
> in the ports tree on a 7.3-STABLE system, and all of them fail to build to
> completion.  Is there somewhere that I can find one that actually works?
> Or at least some alternative package that will build and work on a FreeBSD
> 7.3-STABLE system?  No packages appear to be available for these ports.
> (Transcripts of the failed builds are available on request.)
>      And what would be available if I were to upgrade my system to 8.1-STABLE?
>      Thanks in advance for any help!

Following the links of the porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/ page will
get you here:
ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/

Look in the packages-8-amd64 or -i386 folders for packages for pretty much
any versions. I've been running the weeky builds of 3.3 without
issue.

I "think" the versions in the 3.2.1 folders are for 7.X, but I'm not
100% certain. Personally, for a desktop system I see no reason to
still be running 7.X, but that's just me :)

henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
lists at rhavenn.net