[solved] Re: Samba PDC roaming profiles problem

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Tue Aug 3 14:19:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 02:43:24PM +0200, Alex de Kruijff typed:

> I solved it. Without LDAP one is able to use %L, %U and %a in the logon
> path, but if one uses LDAP then this path is no longer processed by
> Samba, but instead passed literally to Windows. So far my solution is to
> change all LDAP entries. This also means I should name multiple servers
> (on different networks) with the same hostname. Its a bit more limiting
> the smb.conf, but it works.

Ah, I see. Been there. Do you have the "logon path" etc options still in
smb.conf or are you using ldap attributes (like sambaProfilePath,
sambaHomeDrive) for each individual account? I found the latter to be
more flexible in the long run (though a little harder to set up and
administrate initially)