strage tag behaviour with cvsup

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Tue Aug 3 08:54:41 UTC 2010

On 08/03/2010 10:44 AM, Olivier Nicole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While updating my servers I recently found out a stange behaviour.
>
> I have a configuration file for cvsup.
>
> If I set the default tag to be RELENG_7_3, I will build a kernel of
> name 7.3-RELEASE-pX
>
> If I set the default tag to be RELENG_7, I will build a kernel of name
> 7.3-STABLE
>
> Is that normal?
>
> With tag RELENG_7 I would expect to build a 7.X-RELEASE kernel, with X
> being the latest available.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Olivier

Hi

This is correct.
See: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/cvs-tags.html

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) only. Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system.