TexLive on FreeBSD 8.1

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:54:46 UTC 2010

Nikola,

Sorry to ask, but you mention that the new TeXLive 2010 will be
released this summer.  Do you know *when exactly* it will be released?

I am also hoping that if use either the pretest one, or the official
release, that *it*(The install procedure) also setup the paths,
otherwise one has to do this manually :(

I have an install CD for TeXLive 2009 and it does not have the needed
binaries, and I know I can find them in one of your sites, but the
process still looks intimidating :(

BTW,
it would be a blessing, if some kind soul out there, builds packages
(texlive-20XY-amd64.tbz or texlive-20XY-i386) that does everything
automagically :), but I know that is asking for too much :(

The ports system by Romain Tartarian looked nice, but it is *not an
official* port and if one takes the ports method, the teteX 3.0 gets
installed (it is not bad, but quite old :( and no updates to fix
security issues )  The binaries that you provide one still has to do a
great deal of work, if one could script it?  unless of course waiting
for TeXLive 2010 does all of this for us(including setting the path
set path=/usr/local/texlive20XY/bin
automagically :)

I don't know what to do, since Roland, yourself and Anh provided nice
TeTeX , kile, and it was working beautifully but then a hard drive
failure put me out of business :(

I guess I should be patient, I see that time is ticking and with
patience one can get more things done.

Regards,

Antonio