Gaming

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Thu Apr 29 23:48:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:20:28PM +0400, Mikle Krutov wrote:

[...]
> I've played on my nvidia workstation (8400gs) Actually, the only
> tricky thing about games - installing wine on amd64, everything other
>  works just as good as it does in linux.

I agree. There's a wiki entry detailing the process:

    http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine#head-6963d527c173e57b1567e881305b544d33435b6d

There are a few problems with the network interfaces on the 32-64 bit
bridge; which will intefere with some network related games (eg: EVE
Online), but on the whole the experience is very positive.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>