Driver for Belkin F5D9050 V 4000

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Thu Apr 29 17:01:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:34:29 +0100
Chris <utisoft at googlemail.com> articulated:

> Do you have to use FreeBSD/amd64 instead of FreeBSD/i386? I'm only
> asking in case you recently installed, I know it's not an ideal
> solution.

Well, no one is holding a gun to my head if that is what you mean.
However, to take advantage of all the memory I have in this system, as
well as the improved overall system performance, yes I do have to use
the 64bit version.

IMHO, 32bit systems are all ready becoming passe. I predict
that they will go the way of the dinosaur in 5 years or less.

I did have i386 installed on this system briefly because there were no
64bit nVidia drivers available. After switching to 64bit I have noticed
a real improvement in overall system performance.

--
Jerry
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net