CUPS in ports (e.g., v1.4.3) --disable-gssapi WHY??

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Thu Apr 29 15:29:06 UTC 2010

I recall building CUPS from ports last Fall (9/2009) at version 1.3.10
or 1.3.11 which had GSSAPI (Kerberos 5) support as an option.

Today, the cups-base-1.4.3 port specifically excludes GSSAPI support
(--disable-gssapi in the Makefile) which means CUPS cannot perform
Kerberos authentication (to get a ticket granting ticket for printing).

Why is this the case?  Can someone elaborate on this, or point me to
the correct forum to get an answer?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

web...

William Bulley                     Email: web at umich.edu

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|