apache signal bus error (10)

doug schmidt douglas.j.schmidt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 20:09:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Greg Larkin <glarkin at freebsd.org> wrote:

> doug schmidt wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM, doug schmidt
>> <douglas.j.schmidt at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I've tried using the script, then moving the session.so extension one
>>> after the other.
>>> Restarting apache each time and the same bus error.
>>>
>>> any other ideas?
>>>
>> I now have everything commented out in extensions.ini except for session.so
>> There is no bus error, so I'll test moving the extensions order some
>> more. Find it
>> sooner or later. Real pain, that the order on one box, does not matter
>> on another
>> box.

> Do you get a core file anywhere from the Apache process?  It would be
> interesting to get a backtrace so you can figure out what module is
> causing the problem.

Hi Greg,
Unfortunately, no core files anywhere.

The problem looks like session.so and mysql.so

With all extensions uncommented, session.so uncommented, mysql.so commented out
no bus error.

All extensions uncommented, mysql.so uncommented, session.so commented out
no bus error.

All extensions commented out, mysql.so commented out, session.so uncommented
no bus error.

All extensions commented out, session.so commented out, mysql.so uncommented
no bus error.

All extensions commented out, session.so and mysql.so uncommented
bus error.

thanks.
doug