email address on google through this link

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Apr 28 02:34:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 09:56:50PM +0100, Bruce Cran wrote:

> At least one mailing list I'm on obfuscates the addresses on the server so all
> messages would, for example, appear to come *from* freebsd-
> questions at freebsd.org.

As long as you have some way to respond to an individual person rather
than the whole list, this problem will exist -- because if people on the
list can get your email address, they can also make those email addresses
public (or abuse them, if they happen to be the types of people who join
mailing lists just to harvest email addresses).