Wpoison?????

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:44:04 UTC 2010

> I'm pretty concerned about its effectiveness.  It appears not to have
> been touched since 2001.  If it actually accomplished its goals, I think
> it would have been tuned up a bit, and it would be much more popular.
> I've been hanging around the web quite a bit in the last nine years, and
> it concerns me that I've never run into it before.
I've heard of this program (and others like it) many times. The big
problem with its effectiveness is that the generated emails don't
actually work. Spammers generally send at least one probe message to
create a "working emails" list which can sell for a higher price.
There are better systems that have a pure honeypot which actually
accepts mail (and add the IPs that send mail to a blacklist)