USB keyboard: mode switch / numlock freezes

Anselm Strauss amsibamsi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 22:33:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a Roccat Arvo keyboard that has a number block with integrated
positioning keys (arrows, del, end, ...), but no extra keys for them. There
is a mode switch button that switches between the two layouts, like the
numlock key, but I'm not sure if this really is numlock. For some reason the
switch stops to work after exactly 4 presses. This only happens during boot,
or when the FreeBSD kernel is loaded. It does not happen when I boot into
Windows or Linux. I also tried other computers, getting the same result.

Could it be a numlock issue? Any idea how to address this?

Thanks,
Anselm