Wireless networking question

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Sat Apr 24 20:39:06 UTC 2010

A new notebook (ASUS K72F) has integrated wireles networking.  The technical
specifications are sadly lacking, so I don't know what chipset.  The
wired ethernet appears to use uath, but that's not working as a wlandev.
Since most everything else is Intel, I figured it could be an Intel
chipset, and since it supports 802.11n, I think its probably in the
6000 series.  I tried all the Intel drivers that are listed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_wireless_drivers#FreeBSD

And none of them appeared to work.  Looking a little further down, it
seems that the Intel 6000 is supported by iwn on OpenBSD, but not on
FreeBSD.  But I could be barking up the entirely wrong tree.

Can anyone shed some light here?  Is there any way to query the hardware,
short of opening the box (which will void the warranty)?

TIA

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden | camdensoftware.com | chipstips.com | chipsquips.com