WUSB600N Dual-Band Wireless-N Network Adapter

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Sat Apr 24 11:49:41 UTC 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:06:17 +0200
Leslie <leslie at eskk.nu> articulated:

> On 2010-04-24 12:56, Jerry wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone has gotten a WUSB600N Dual-Band Wireless-N
> > Network Adapter to work on FreeBSD-8? I cannot find a driver for it.
> >

> I have an older Linksys device. It uses the rum driver. Try man rum.
>
> And of course
>
> http://www.se.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html

The WUSB600N uses a Ralink rt2870 chipset. Evidently, FreeBSD does not
have a driver for that chip. I am thinking about using the Windows
driver. That would of course require NDIS which I have never used
before.

--
Jerry
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net

If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.

	Norm Schryer