Portsnap metadata is correctly signed, but contains at least one line which appears bogus.

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 22 23:10:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:32:23 +0300
Eitan Adler <eitanadlerlist at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been getting the following message a lot lately.
>
> Portsnap metadata is correctly signed, but contains
> at least one line which appears bogus.
>
> I've used the following command in the past to fix the error but it
> didn't work this time.
> find /var/db/portsnap/ -newerct "1 day ago" -delete

If the metadata is correctly signed then it sounds like it should be a
server-side problem. OTOH  no-one else is mentioning it, are you
running portsnap from a reasonably recent release?

It might be instructive to edit portsnap, look for the places where
fetch_metadata_freakout is called and have it make a copy of the
offending file.