Need recomendation on Laptop compatible with FreeBSD / PCBSD ?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 20 18:33:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:25:38AM +0000, Rom Albuquerque wrote:

>  Hi folks. Can anyone recommend a laptop compatible with FreeBSD that
>  doesn't require too much gymnastic to install the base system, KDE and
>  OpenOffice.. ?

My advice would be to take a FreeBSD liveCD to a store and ask if you can try
to boot the laptop you want from the CD. That's virtually the only way to know
for sure that things will work.

If they don't cooperate, take your business elsewhere. In my experience, a
smaller local computer shop will probably be more interested in helping you than a
large retailer.

Roland