[ HEADS UP ] Ports unstable for the next 10 days

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 20 16:14:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:40:35 -0700
Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM,  <freebsd-ports at coreland.ath.cx>
> wrote:
> > On 2010-04-20 02:14:20, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> >> A switch to use newer GMP version has been committed.
> >>
> >> I'm still investigating lang/gnat-gcc44.
> >
> > As far as I know, the gnat-gcc44 bootstrap binaries will be
> > fine as they're bundled with the libgmp library that was used
> > to build them. Whether gcc builds with the newer libgmp remains
> > to be seen...
>
>     As discussed in the QAT emails, it might be related to ccache use
> on the build cluster graciously donated by ixSystems, and the fact
> that the cached data is inconsistently distributed across the cluster.

ATM no, the new cluster is in works, not yet used, QAT is running on a
single machine, with ccache.

> I've provided some tips for itetcu to work around this on IRC
> (basically disable ccache), but it kind of sucks when you run into
> periodic issues with toolchain variance like this, s.t. building with
> NO_CACHE=yes is a necessary evil to work through end-to-end build
> functional issues.

Problem is I need an automated solution.
I'm testing it now on QAT with ccache disabled.

> Someone else who knows more about ccache could provide a better
> explanation of what's going on because my ranting about this would
> only be me talking out of my rear :).

Yes, please.

> More info about ccache with FreeBSD can be found here:
> http://forums.freebsd.org/archive/index.php/t-174.html

Thanks.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B