Upgrade error for fbsd-7.2 or 7.3

Jack L. Stone jacks at sage-american.com
Sat Apr 17 13:20:26 UTC 2010

I hope someone can help me with this one. I've searched and nothing found yet.

I 've been running fbsd-7.0p3 for quite a while just fine with 4 SATA
drives always recognized as:
ad8, ad10, ad12 and ad14
The boot drive is ad8

Upgraded to 7.1p11 and all still fine. However, when upgrading to 7.2 or
7.3, the system recognizes the drives differently as:
ad6, ad8, ad10 and ad12 respectively in place of the normal ones above.

Of course the system won't boot without telling it to mount ad6 instead of
ad8 and then go into fstab and changing the letters. Plus, my jail no
longer works although it was updated properly.

Anyone with a similar problem or ideas?

All the best,
Jack

(^_^)