NFS Mount FreeBSD 8.0

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:03:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Grant Peel <gpeel at thenetnow.com> wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> I actually just got it to work. Not sure why the default TCP no longer
> works but I added the -U flag to the fstab for the mount and it works.
>
> Anyone know what may bave changed in FreeBSD 8 to cause this?
>
> -Grant
>
> P.S on the server machine the output you were looking for was
> /mnt                               192.168.0.0

Please don't top post.

FBSD 8 has a new NFS implementation which might be the cause of your
issues.  In particular this seems relevant.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-November/013172.html

There's been more than one nfs issue on 8 however so it could easily be
something else.  8-STABLE has received a lot of NFS love so you could try
that on your clients perhaps.

--
Adam Vande More