dansguardian + squid running on local machine

Mexican Loser ross.is.a.cheater at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 13:28:07 UTC 2010

Hello fellow BSD users -

I have dansguardian listening on 127.0.0.0.1:8080 -> squid listening on
127.0.0.1:3128 on the same computer for content filtering and caching for
the kids.

I also have ipfw ruleset. I'm able to browse the Internet fine but I just
want to make sure http requests are going through my ipfw ruleset. How do I
know if my websites requests are going through the ipfw rules and coming
back through them?

The rule below allows everything through the loop back interface, is that
whats allowing squid and dansguardian to work? If so, I would like to know
what rules specifically I can add specifically for dansguardian and squid?

allow all from any to any via lo0