are the are C [or C++] src sites ....

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Sun Apr 11 23:41:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

>        what i am thinking of is functions that work in any of
>        several venues:
>
>                math,

For maths, I'm particularly fond of GiNaC (+CLN)
  FreeBSD ports: math/GiNaC, math/cln
  WWW: http://www.ginac.de/ and http://www.ginac.de/CLN/

Of course, there's also the more traditional stuff like math/atlas[-devel]
which takes forever to compile. ;-)

>                [every] science,

Very application specific.

>                strings,
>                filenames,
>                queues,
>                stacks,
>                arrays,

If you're interested in C++ classes for all this, you could check
out the STL (Standard Templates Library), and additional libraries
like Boost.

>                thanks for your insights.  i used something like
>                "c-language functions"  :-)

That's way too broad to yield useful results! :-)

I'd suggest that you browse the ports collection for stuff you like
(domain oriented), and in most cases, the ports will point to some
library or program written in C or C++ that you can learn from. Just
looking for C/C++ code per se is kind of pointless (IMHO), if you're
not motivated by a particular application.

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/