Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN Supported on FreeBSD-8.0?

S Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Sat Apr 10 18:39:25 UTC 2010

Hello,
     The wireless nic on my laptop is the Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN. Is this card supported in FreeBSD as present?

I checked the FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE Hardware Notes (at
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/hardware.html#WLAN), and I don't
see the Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN actually listed.

Looking at the online manpage for iwn, it is actually titled "Intel
Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN IEEE 802.11n driver", but then again, I also
noted that that manpage is timestamped April 13, 2008 and is tagged for
FreeBSD-7.2.

I'd some help, please.

Thanks.

Regards,