Outdoor wireless - has anyone used Ubiquiti power stations?

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Wed Apr 7 21:07:25 UTC 2010

Is it not possible to get xDSL/Cable/BRI/WiMAX/3G/4G/whatever at the "office".  Depending on your wireless gear, antenna, topology, fresnel zone, spectrum pollution, blah blah blah - this COULD work, but not likely very well.  Too many variables to know for sure.  Many WISP's offer "reasonable" packages as well.

If they have a money back deal, or demo gear - it might be worth a shot.  If they comply with the 802.11 standards for xmit power, frequencies, etc. - IMHO you'll be lucky to get this working across 15 miles, even with really sweet antenna's.