perl qstn...

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Apr 6 21:10:20 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Chuck" == Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> writes:

Chuck> Very well; I would like to hear you propose another type of
Chuck> change that might be made to this sort of postfix test syntax
Chuck> which you consider to be "most likely".

Maybe the content of the text message.  I change that stuff all the
time.  Or maybe the exact nature of the condition.  That also changes.

Let me short cut the rest of the discussion, by summarizing:

You and and I have different "favorite languages"

However, our positions are different about the fact that we have
different "favorite languages".

I'm perfectly willing to let you have Python, and work productively in
it, while I'm happily being productive with Perl.

I'm also perfectly willing to allow you imagine faults with Perl, even
though after having used Perl productively for 20 years, those problems
just don't arise in practice.

You, on the other hand, seem to want to convince me that I couldn't have
possibly been as productive in Perl as I have for the past 20 years,
because of these alleged insurmountable problems.  You seem to want to
ensure that whatever my experience of Perl might be, that it is somehow
wrong or tainted or misinformed.  Hmm.  Really?  Really?

Now, in the greater range of things, which position is more useful?

Can we agree that we've gone *way beyond* the topic of freebsd-questions
as well, and if anyone hasn't killfiled us already, they should have?

:-)

Now, on the other hand, emacs rules, vi sucks.  :-) :-)