How to create a "base" distribution set?

Peter Steele psteele at maxiscale.com
Mon Apr 5 16:26:22 UTC 2010

One of the distribution sets that comes on a standard release DVD is "base". This includes the core set of binaries as well as the files under /etc and a few other text files. Running "make installworld" doesn't collect everything that's needed. Is there a make option to gather all of the files? I assume something like "make release" might do that but I don't want to run a full release build, I just want to create the base distribution set.