IPFW and Fail2Ban

Carmel NY carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 10:29:49 UTC 2010

I am having an exceedingly hard time finding documentation on Fail2Ban
on FreeBSD. In fact, documentation on Fail2Ban seems rather sparse to
begin with.

In any case, does Fail2Ban work with the IPFW firewall on FreeBSD? Does
it do it natively, or does it require a special configuration?

I presently have 'denyhost' up and running. If I get Fail2Ban working
correctly, I assume I can remove 'denyhost'. Again, I am assuming that
the two program would interact badly with each other.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny at hotmail.com

Your fault - core dumped