network freebsd computers

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Sep 22 20:51:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 03:27:35PM -0400, Carmel NY wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:53:17 -0400
> Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at msu.edu> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Am I missing something or would ssh, scp and directing your Xwindows
> > display from the headless machine to a desktop X server cover
> > everything you are asking for?
>
> I was just playing around with ssh. Would it be possible to store
> multiple keys in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file?

It will put a key there for every place you go to with ssh.
The only annoyance is when you upgrade a machine, or otherwise
cause the key for a machine to change, you may have to go in to
that file and manually delete the old key before it will store
another one for the same address.   That is easy, but I always
forget to do it until the key is refused, and of course, I am
in a hurry.

////jerry