internet access from FreeBSD

gs_stoller at juno.com gs_stoller at juno.com
Tue Sep 22 09:00:37 UTC 2009

             I have a copy of Greg Lehey's online "book" about FreeBSD, but I believe it is from February 2006.  Is there a later copy, and if so, where can I find a copy (URL please)?  I searched my copy for the word "internet" and couldn't find it.  I did access the internet with a take-off copy of FreeBSD, but I don't have access to it any more.  Can I access the internet with a currently gettable copy of FreeBSD, and if so, for what versions is that true (my personal version is old, but it works well so I never upgraded)?  Since I get my mail via  juno , can I access them nicely from FreeBSD or do I need something to interface to it and present me with my mailbox, listing the items in it and telling me the usual stuff about envelop mail (sender, subject, when received)?