Command line not saving in 8*

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Mon Sep 21 03:23:57 UTC 2009

Aloha,

Anybody have a cure for the root or users not being able to save the
command line commands in csh/tcsh over a power off?

On two machines I used for testing that have run other versions of
FreeBSD with no issues I can't save the history as a user or root tcsh
shell if shutdown -h or shutdown -r is used. You can exit the csh and
tcsh and log back in and it is saved.

This happens with the all 8.0 BETA*.

This does not happen with the 7.2 p1 that Manolis distributes.

Any Ideas what to look for? There has to be something different done
with 8* that kills off the command line history.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >