reporter on deadline seeks comment about reported security bug in FreeBSD

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Fri Sep 18 12:44:57 UTC 2009

> http://www.vimeo.com/6580991
>
> The article says that "Versions 7.1 and and beyond are not
> vulnerable." That video contradicts that.

As someone who has manipulated moving picture for fun and profit,
having a video of something is a proof of nothing. For all what it's
worth the OS in video might be FreeBSD - or even loonix made to look
like FreeBSD, made vulnerable on purpose of tarring the project.

Until the security team gives their official response and patches, I
read the entire story with a grain of salt, especially as the
originator was so keen on getting his discovery into news websites...

If the discovery is real, the patch will come when it will come, until
then the publicity is just negligible buzz.

-Reko