New mail server setup

Steve Bertrand steveb at eagle.ca
Wed Sep 16 03:42:07 UTC 2009

I'm looking potentially to try a different mail server setup. I'm
requesting honest feedback from experienced mail ops.

My minimum requirements:

- IPv6 for all protocols
- SPF
- IMAP|POP3 must support SSL
- SMTP AUTH
- submit on 587
- MySQL backend for un/pw, vpopmail preferred, but not mandatory
- Maildir storage preferred
- easy (ie: well documented) integration with SA/clam
- integration with maildrop .mailfiter preferred

Right now I use a system wrapped around Qmail, and honestly, I just
don't want to patch for IPv6 anymore.

I've broken my personal system, so while I work on re-hacking
everything, I thought I'd solicit some new ideas. I've been using the
same email system pretty much across the board for seven years or so, so
perhaps I should look at other options.

Please cc me, as this addr isn't subscribed. I won't be receiving my
list email from my backup mx until tomorrow, as it were ;)

Steve