reporter on deadline seeks comment about reported security bug in FreeBSD

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Mon Sep 14 21:46:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 05:13:54PM -0400, illoai at gmail.com wrote:
> Am 2009/9/14 Dan Goodin <dgoodin at sitpub.com> writhed:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Dan Goodin, a reporter at technology news website The Register. Security
> > researcher Przemyslaw Frasunek says versions 6.x through 6.4 of FreeBSD
> > has a security bug. He says he notified the FreeBSD Foundation on August
> > 29 and never got a response. We'll be writing a brief article about
> > this. Please let me know ASAP if someone cares to comment.
>
> Has anyone submitted a PR about this?

Przemyslaw Frasunek has PR's posted but none recent. IMO if a PR is not
submitted then one has *not* informed the Powers That Be. Having said
that, for all I know there is a PR in the system that has been given
restricted access until its dealt with. IIRC there is an option where
one may request privacy when submitting a PR, perhaps that is the case
here?

Why is this in -questions? Seems -chat is more appropriate.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net