reporter on deadline seeks comment about reported security bug in FreeBSD

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Mon Sep 14 21:44:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 05:21:48PM -0400, Mikel King wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Dan Goodin wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Dan Goodin, a reporter at technology news website The Register.
> > Security
> > researcher Przemyslaw Frasunek says versions 6.x through 6.4 of
> > FreeBSD
> > has a security bug. He says he notified the FreeBSD Foundation on
> > August
> > 29 and never got a response. We'll be writing a brief article about
> > this. Please let me know ASAP if someone cares to comment.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Dan Goodin
> > 415-495-5411
>
> Hasn't 6.x been End Of Lifed?

Not at all.  The 6.2 and earlier releases have been EOL'd, but 6.3 and 6.4
are still supported by the security team.  6.4 (and 6.x in general) will
be supported until November 2010, which is more than a year away.
(See http://security.freebsd.org/ for official EOL information.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson