FreeBSD commands... refcard

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Sep 11 09:48:02 UTC 2009

El día Friday, September 11, 2009 a las 12:21:41PM +0300, Manolis Kiagias escribió:

> Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In some Linux mailing list of Cuba I'm subscribed to, I just stumbled
> > over this Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card: http://xinocat.com/refcard/
> > which is available in many languages. This would be very helpfull for my
> > wife which 'must' ( :-)) run FreeBSD on her laptop. Is there something
> > like this for FreeBSD, and even in Spanish? Thanks
> >
> > 	matthias
> >

> It wouldn't be difficult to do something similar. Looking at the Greek
> version of the debian card, most commands are basic ones with similar
> function in FreeBSD. We could replace the apt-get section with commands
> from the ports system and pkg_* and the /etc/init.d/ section with
> /etc/rc.d and /usr/local/etc/rc.d.
>
> I'll try to make up an  initial English version this weekend.

That would be very fine; please, can you describe also what software from the
ports one must use for "Of course, you may alter the reference card to
you needs and create a cusomised refcard. You need to apt-get install
the following packages first: docbook-xsl, pdfjam, pdftk, po4a, xmlroff,
poppler-utils, and xsltproc."

I'd be more than happy to make a Spanish and German translation of it.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211