Inconsistency in root partition size

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Sun Sep 6 10:38:38 UTC 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009 12:17:59 jaymax wrote:

> ran fsck on / mounted partition, is that reasonable or possible, since it
> is / or do I have to use a livefs disk like Fixit or Frenzy for this

No, single user mode. Root partition in single user mode can be fsck'd and
repaired if mounted ro in single user. The system does fsck -p by default,
which skips partitions marked clean. Since you can shutdown cleanly, nothing
will happen.
Have a look at /etc/defaults/rc.conf for setting different behaviors by
overriding the defaults in /etc/rc.conf.
--
Mel