Reverse Proxy /Proxy Pass

Agus agus.262 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 07:55:55 UTC 2009

2009/9/3 Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net>:
> On Friday 04 September 2009 01:20:46 Agus wrote:
>
>> What server, application do u know/recommend me for using as a
>> ProxyPass / Reverse Proxy...
>>
>> The idea is to forward all requests to port 80 to this server and then
>> from here according to the vhost send it to the actual server... For
>> now i only need proxying.. dont think cacheing will be possible so im
>> just looking for a pretty fast, light and stable app to do this on a
>> freebsd 7...
>>
>> Thanks and ihope to hear some cool recommendations.. hehe
>
> If lightweight, go with www/nginx. Features, go with www/squid or
> apache+mod_proxy.
> --
> Mel

Thanks Mel... Now i've been reading a little and found that cherokee
maybe a very good alternative also.... I also found that the
performance will variate according to the syscall the server uses... i
read about poll,etc.... how to know which syscalls does the servers
support and which one is better/fastest?

I will continue looking for this...

Thanks a lot,
Agusitn