What invokes cricket on FreeBSD

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 14:42:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:41:07 -0400
stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 09:33:35AM -0400, stan wrote:

> > > OK, I was able to execute the cricket collector caoomand bu using
> > > the su - format, and it ran corectly.
> > >
> > > Cany anyone sugest what to check to see why cron is not executing
> > > this command? I see no evidence of it's running in either the
> > > cricket logs' or cron's logs.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > Repkying to my own message again :-(
> >

> > OK, I found in the cron man page the following:
> >
> >  Before running a command from a per-account crontab file, cron
> >  checks the status of the account with pam(3) and skips the command
> > if the account is unavailable, e.g., locked out or expired.
> >
> > So, now the question is, how do I unlock that user?
> >
> This gets strnager. I found the pw cammand, which should do thatm but:
>
> pnoc# pw unlock cricket
> pw: user 'cricket' is not locked
>
> So, how come:
>
> pnoc# su - cricket
> This account is currently not available.

Something appears to be broken. You might try a new installation. The
port creates the user and group if it does not exist.

1) pkg-delete -dfv cricket-1.0.5_5
2) Use pw to delete any reference to cricket
3) Then install cricket via the port

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

We are upping our standards ... so up yours.

	Pat Paulsen for President, 1988