difficult-to-phrase question...

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Sep 2 23:44:05 UTC 2009

	guys, (of either gender)

	here's one that is a bit difficult to figure out how to ask, but
	here's my first shot:

	i'm looking for a file what contains string "S".  the filename
	in this case has a zillion letters, but that beside the point.

	i can use grep to find "S" and grep gives me the file[s] that
	have the string.  now, is there any easy way of reading that
	file, or deleting or otherwise munging that file?

	nutshell is that every time i reboot (into kde), kde wastes
	time/cpu spawning unwanted whatever: versions of konqueror, kttsd,
	ksayit, &c.  [[i found these files in
	~/.kde/share/config/session, about  20, dated may, 09 to oct 08.
	rm'ing the bunch would get rid of the instantiate problem, but
	having a script to diddle with a found string "S" would be
	useful esp'ly if the filename of pathname were long.

	i'll mouse swipe the string and fname to prove my point.
	thanks for any help.

	gary

	ps: if scripting this is too grizzly i'll do it in C and do an
	inline post of src and example use.

p4 16:18 <tao> [5058] rgr www.h-online              ~/.kde/share/config/session
./konqueror_101be1a31b9d1000124363848400000011730067_1243656675_647947:12:ViewT0_URL[$e]=http://www.h-online.com/open/Google-Wave-The-instant-wiki-communicator--/news/113410

    The 5.67a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php