gcc -pg and ld error, "cannot find -lgcc_p"

Vaibhav Gavane vaibhav.gavane at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:04:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM,  <freebsd at t41t.com> wrote:
>> >  Use sysinstall to add the proflibs distribution.
>>
>>       Or one could rebuild/install world (and kernel if necessary)
>> after investigating the "NO_PROFILE" option in /etc/make.conf.
>
> There's only a PERL_VERSION in make.conf. Since sysinstall doesn't work
> (this is -p4, not a base media install), how does one go about installing
> proflibs? I didn't see anything related to proflibs in the csup files.

Well, on my 7.1-RELEASE-p8 system, sysinstall does warn, but
subsequently asks whether I'd "like to try and use this disc anyway".
I did not try (as I already have proflibs installed) but maybe you
could, and then you could configure /etc/freebsd-update.conf to select
only the world/proflibs component, and then run freebsd-update. That
should save you from having to build from sources.