Using 'USR1' signal in newsyslog.conf file causes error

carmel_ny carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 24 19:26:20 UTC 2009

Dovecot has a site with information regarding how to rotate it's
log-file. <http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging> Since I do not have
logrotate on my FreeBSD-7.2 system, I thought I could use newsyslog
to accomplish the action. I seem to have run into a problem however.

newsyslog: illegal signal number in config file:
/var/log/dovecot.log root:wheel   0666  1  *   $M1D0  CJ  /var/run/dovecot/master.pid SIGUSR1

I then changed "SIGUSR1" TO "USR1'; however, the problem continues.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

--
Carmel
carmel_ny at hotmail.com

Seattle is so wet that people protect their property with watch-ducks.