how to build from ports without downloading ports

Pieter de Goeje pieter at degoeje.nl
Tue Oct 20 20:55:03 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 22:35:54 Noah wrote:
> I have a server with minimal disk space.  is there a way to build from
> ports without downloading ports or only downloading what is needed for
> the build and then it is removed?

That is technically possible but it's usually a lot easier to mount the ports
tree from an NFS server. If you share the ports tree between a number of
servers make sure WRKDIRPREFIX is set to a local path before you start
building ports or you might run into concurrency issues when multiple servers
build a port at the same time.

Regards,

Pieter