need C help, passing char buffer[] by-value....

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Mon Oct 19 14:03:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:30:49PM -0400, Robert Huff wrote:

> Glen Barber writes:
> >
> >  "//" comments are recognized by both C and C++.
>
> 	How about "... are recognized by both C++ and more recent versions
> of C."?

I think gcc++ and gcc use the same preprocessor? Comments are stripped
in the preprocessor.

The only thing we can really say is that gcc accepts // as a comment. Is
becoming an accepted convention in other C's but I doubt one can
universally state that its accepted in all "recent versions".

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net