CMS

Peter Boosten peter at boosten.org
Fri Oct 16 04:58:23 UTC 2009

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I manage a couple of FreeBSD servers for a friend.  He's gotten all
> excited about content management and thinks that's the way to go.  The
> system he's familiar with is Windows only.  I've done a little research,
> but I'm wondering if anyone reading the list has experience with a CMS
> on FreeBSD - one that's in ports preferably.

I've used Joomla, Wordpress and Nucleus in the past. Dropped Joomla,
because it was too big (for me) and maintaining the plugins (modules?)
was too much of a hassle.

The nucleus site is a nostalgic site, the Joomla site has been converted
to Wordpress. The latter can be upgraded from the browser.

Neither of these are installed by ports, all by source. MySQL is from
ports, btw, as is all supporting software, like apache, gd, whatever.

Peter

--
http://www.boosten.org