usb key problem

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Oct 15 23:32:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:18:45 -0400, PJ <af.gourmet at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Now that I  have had a few moments to think about it, maybe I have to
> give good old cruze and enema and format it under XP ... maybe all it
> needs is a clean system on it. ;-)

I'm not sure if USB sticks tend to degrade filesystem-wise,
but when you put such a stick into random "Windows" PCs, it's
quite possible that data gets messed up. The most ideal
solution of course is to simply newfs the stick and give it
a UFS file system, but sadly, "Windows" PC are resistent to
standards, so they won't read it, but will force you to use
old-fashioned MS-DOS-like file systems. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany