torrentflux

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Oct 15 18:22:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:19:55 -0700 (PDT), Dánielisz László <laszlo_danielisz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok, I know it sounds numb, but how can I actually start
> torrentflux on my freebsd machine?

I haven't used this torrent client so far (ctorrent is my
choice at the moment), but according to

> # pkg_info |grep torrent
> torrentflux-2.0.b1  A PHP based BitTorrent client that runs on a web server

it seems that you have to run a web server (I think locally),
e. g. Apache, and then connect to this server in order to
perform the actions with your client, such as entering

	http://127.0.0.1

in your web browser - this assumes that the web server is
running and the PHP script is properly installed. It's possible
that you need to connect to a specific port (e. g. ":631" after
the local IP).

> ....but I can not find how to start it and torrentflux forum
> is down, do you have any idea?

Doesn't torrentflux come with some documentation? Have a look
for it in /usr/local/share/doc where it should be.

The packagin list in the port's directory mentions "install.txt",
maybe this file contains the information needed?

Finally, does torrentflux.com (the homepage of the project) have
some information?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany