Multiple qt4 issues

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Thu Oct 15 04:21:35 UTC 2009

Warren Liddell wrote:

>> Do a:
>>
>> %pkg_version -v > ~/pv.out
>>
>> ...and then review the ~/pv.out file *manually* to see if you can
>> identify any oddities. (yes, grep is good and grep is great, but I've
>> missed obvious things by grep'ing the pkg db in the past).
>>
>> I'm personally not one to help with GUI things, but hopefully my
>> suggestion may provide a lead.
>>
>> Steve
>
> I solved that issue, after reading info in UPDATING .. however the issue
> now is qt4-designer

... after a quick literal Google search, it appears that qt4-designer is
a 'Linux' thing with a GUI resemblance.

I don't know what to do other than offer:

http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.0/qt4-designer.html ( "TrollTech"? )

With a q&d search, it appears as though others have had issues with
qt4-designer as well, trying to run it within a GUI atop of FreeBSD
recently:

http://osdir.com/ml/kde-freebsd/2009-10/msg00014.html

...again, I don't do GUI w/FBSD, so this is far out of my scope. This is
a ^bump if anything.

Good luck!

Steve