ldap and pam-mkhomedir, anyone know how to set directory ownership to the ldap user logging in ??

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Wed Oct 14 21:49:22 UTC 2009

Hi All

Currently I have got pam authenticating against ldap and mkhomedir
creating the home directories, but they are created owned as root:wheel
and the user can't write to their own home directory -- I have read the
man page for pam_mkhomedir, the only way I see it working at the moment
is setting an insecure umask in the pam definition....

Any ideas on how I can get them owned by the ldap user signing in ?

Thanks

Craig B