best FBSD version for commercial use.

krad kraduk at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 11 18:14:01 UTC 2009

2009/10/10 Jerry <gesbbb at yahoo.com>

> On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 06:06:39 -0400
> jhell <jhell at DataIX.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > I will agree with that. And raise that its not a good idea to be part
> > of the early adopter club for commercial use.
>
> Somebody has got to go first. As so aptly stated by Robert Crandell,
> chairman of American Airlines in the late 1990's, "If you're not the
> lead dog, the view never changes."
>
> --
> Jerry
> gesbbb at yahoo.com
>
> Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these.
>
>        Ovid (43 B.C. - A.D. 18)

hmm most of us in here aren't business men though. We are sysadmins, and
therefore the only thing we'd be risking is our job. Most people most of the
time don't need cutting edge features no matter how cool they are. Its all
about risk management. By that I don't mean eliminating risk and stagnating,
I mean taking appropriate risk for the application.