Automatic chmod

Richard Mahlerwein mahlerrd at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 01:49:26 UTC 2009

>From: Victor Subervi <victorsubervi at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Automatic chmod
>To: mahlerrd at yahoo.com, freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>Date: Friday, October 9, 2009, 11:20 AM
>
>User? I only have one user on this shared server. Here's the code:
>
>#!/usr/local/bin/python
>import cgitb; cgitb.enable()
>import MySQLdb
>import cgi
>import sys,os
>sys.path.append(os.getcwd())
>from login import login
>user, passwd, db, host = login()
>form = cgi.FieldStorage()
>picid = int(form['id'].value)
>x = int(form['x'].value)
>pics = {1:'pic1',2:'pic2',3:'pic3',4:'pic4',5:'pic5',6:'pic6'}
>pic = pics[x]
>db = MySQLdb.connect(host=host, user=user, passwd=passwd, db=db)
>cursor= db.cursor()
>sql = "select " + pic + " from productsX where id='" + str(picid) + "';"
>cursor.execute(sql)
>content = cursor.fetchall()[0][0].tostring()
>cursor.close()
>print '''Content-Type: text/plain
>'''
>print
>print content.encode('base64')

I finally got to where I could test this.  I'm no Python expert (in fact, this was the first time I've touched it), but your code, with heavy modifications to slim it to something that can run on my system, seems to be mostly OK.  Here's the code I ended up with:
**********
#!/usr/local/bin/python
import cgitb; cgitb.enable()
import MySQLdb
import cgi
import sys,os
sys.path.append(os.getcwd())
user="root"
passwd=""
db="mysql"
host="localhost"
form = cgi.FieldStorage()
db = MySQLdb.connect(host=host, user=user, passwd=passwd, db=db)
cursor= db.cursor()
sql = "select User from user;"
cursor.execute(sql)
content = cursor.fetchall()
cursor.close()
print '''Content-Type: text/plain
'''
print
print content
That all seems to work as I would expect and gives not unreasonable output.  Not that I know it's correct or what's needed, but it seems to print what you'd think it would.

Can you try running a test script that does, Oh, say, something like the below to see if it works?  (AGAIN, I don't know python AND I'm not testing this, just hand-writing it so excuse my code!)

#!/usr/local/bin/python
print '''Content-Type: text/plain
'''
print "Hopefully this works"

At this point, I really haven't much more to go on.  The above may pinpoint what sort of permissions issue it is.  Besides, if it works, you could slowly add in lines from your previous example until you find the offending line...

Also, If you haven't already done so, you may want to try posting in some python help forums or something.  This doesn't have the feel of a FreeBSD specific problem, so there's bound to be other Python folks who've hit this and solved it before.