/ almost out of space just after installation

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Oct 9 10:39:25 UTC 2009

Randi Harper wrote:
 > 1.) Look at the PR database and search for sysinstall. See all those open
 > reports, some from 8 years ago? sysinstall needs some babying.

It doesn't need babying, it needs killing.  :-)

Quotes from the sysinstall(8) manpage:
"This product is currently at the end of its life cycle
and will eventually be replaced." And: "This utility is
a prototype which lasted several years past its expira-
tion date and is greatly in need of death."

Actually I hoped that 8.0 would be released with the new
installer that has been under development for some time.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be ready yet.

Best regards
   Oliver

I suggested holding a "Python Object Oriented Programming Seminar",
but the acronym was unpopular.
        -- Joseph Strout