MySQL + SSL

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Thu Oct 8 03:32:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been strugling to find the correct syntax for the mysql(1)
command to connect with SSL.

My server is accepting SSL connections:

  db2<root>: mysql -u root -p
  Enter password:
  Your MySQL connection id is 1
  Server version: 5.4.2-beta FreeBSD port: mysql-server-5.4.2

  Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

  mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%ssl%';
  +---------------+-------------------------------------------+
  | Variable_name | Value                                     |
  +---------------+-------------------------------------------+
  | have_openssl  | YES                                       |
  | have_ssl      | YES                                       |
  | ssl_ca        | /usr/local/ssl/ca/ait-itserv.crt          |
  | ssl_capath    |                                           |
  | ssl_cert      | /usr/local/ssl/crt/db2.cs.ait.ac.th.crt   |
  | ssl_cipher    | DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:AES128-SHA             |
  | ssl_key       | /database/mysql/database.cs.ait.ac.th.key |
  7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

  mysql> quit
  Bye
  db2<root>: